- Hours: 40 hours per week (Exempt)
- Pay Range: $60,000-$70,000 annually
Position Objective: The Assistant Director will strive to maintain positive working relationships with agency staff, grantors and community partners by providing exceptional customer service by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of LINC’s programs as well as team members within the organization. The Assistant Director will contribute to a positive working environment by providing meticulous attention to detail, a readiness to help others (in and outside of the office), and a willingness to do what needs to be done. The Assistant Director will have a strong commitment to LINC’s mission and values.
Description of Duties
- Recruit, hire and supervise personnel.
- Conduct annual and periodic performance evaluations.
- Review, revise and develop personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all staff is abiding by the personnel policies and procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between department leaders, the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- Scheduling with mindfulness between the needs of the organization and the needs of our employees.
- Training of employees. New employee orientation and professional skill building as necessary.
- Conflict resolution
- Promote and support all employees achieve success in the position success factors
- Collaborates with Executive Director in developing the portions of the annual budget concerning staff salaries, benefits and travel.
- Assist with ensuring that expenditures are allowable and appropriate based on funding source guidelines.
- Supervise expenditure of funds in main office and satellite offices
- Ensure that all staff are abiding by the financial policies and procedures
- State and local laws and regulations
- Federal laws and regulations
- Maintain membership in professional local and national organizations
- Grant requirements
- Contractual requirements
- Supervise the delivery of services in Boise, Caldwell and Twin Falls offices
- Produce quarterly reports of services provided and community activities conducted for the Board of Directors
- Produce annual reports required by funding sources
- Supervise an annual customer satisfaction survey
Provide Assistance and Recommendations to the Board of Directors
- Advise the Board on policy and procedures, goals and objectives for Centers for Independent Living and implement approved policies and plans
- Maintain a good communication network with board members and assist the board to provide orientation and training to new board members
- Personnel Management/Supervision- Develop a competent staff that will benefit and serve LINC in fulfilling its mission
- Financial Management- Ensure sound financial practices resulting in a financially healthy organization
- Program Management- Ensure efficient operation of Center services and programs and excellence in customer service
- Provide assistance and recommendations to Board of Directors- Inform the Board fully and accurately regarding the organization and act as a professional advisor to the Board
Position Success Factors
- Exhibit enthusiastic and sincere commitment to professionalism
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks with grace and goodwill
- Curiosity and interest in empowering the lives of people with disabilities
- Delight in helping others
- Ability to thrive in a diverse environment and meet deadlines
- Easy to work with, knowledgeable, and helpful
- High integrity
- Responsiveness and follow through
- Ability to work well with a broad range of people
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with multiple team members
- Ability to preserve classified nature of information
- Solid independent judgment and motivation
Other Duties as Assigned
LINC is a nonprofit organization that offers employees growth and development, team spirit, competitive salaries, a family friendly environment and a comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Employer SEP Contribution, generous vacation and sick accruals, paid holidays, Health Savings & Dependent Care Savings Accounts, and much more.