- Reports To: Executive Director
- Supervision exercised: PCM Manager; IL Services Manager; Youth Services Manager
- Exempt or Non-Exempt Status: Exempt
Company: Center for Living & Working, Inc. (CLW) is located in Worcester, Massachusetts and is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit agency founded in 1975 by a core group of young adults with disabilities. CLW is a consumer-directed, multi-programmed, multifaceted agency, dedicated to the empowerment of all persons with disabilities to live as independently as possible. CLW provides four core services: Advocacy, Skills training, Peer support and Information and Referral.
- Member of CLW’s Senior Management Team with responsibility of upholding all policies and procedures to ensure quality programs and services are offered to consumers.
- Responsible for the day to day operational management of all programs including services offered through contract agreement.
- Database Administrator working in conjunction with identified IT Tech support to ensure staff receives appropriate access, training and ongoing support for appropriate data entry. Develop a quality assurance process for all data/IT applications.
- Grant Writing – all aspects of the process to include but not limited to: research and applying for funding opportunities that fit within our mission. RFR response and all follow up.
- Outreach and marketing to identify, develop and sustain diverse partnerships and collaborations throughout the State.
- Oversee the ADRC and LTCOC, working closely with the Executive Director. Attends statewide meetings as assigned.
- Budget management – manage program and service budgets while working with direct reports and the Associate Executive Director, Finance & Administration in creating and tracking departmental budgets.
- Responsible for mandated Federal and State reports, fulfilling contractual requirements of the programs and services and the timeline for submission.
- Management of record keeping and documentation processes, ensuring that these are productive and efficient, and within established procedures as defined by applicable contracts and established CLW billing procedure.
- Overall responsibility of maintenance, upkeep, and compliance audit of all programs and services and consumer files.
- Represent CLW at community events and meetings as required, ensuring that the mission and resources reflect changes in community needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires frequent communication (orally and/or in writing) with consumers, staff, state agencies, business partners/vendors and other third parties;
- This position requires the ability to conduct individual and group presentations;
- This position requires the ability to understand the requirements of all of CLW programs and to be able to assess, evaluate, educate, manage, plan, budget and negotiate with various stakeholders.
- This position requires the ability to travel within service area and beyond as needed;
- This position requires the ability to accurately manage information in database system;
- This position requires the ability to use office machinery, including calculators;
- This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time;
- This position requires the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Masters Degree in related field of health, social services, education and/or rehabilitation required.
- A minimum of 5 years of successful program management in the non-profit sector, with at least 3 years in a senior or leadership role.
- Grant writing
- Excel, Microsoft Office, data base management
Possess the ability to:
- Work independently and as a team member
- Work effectively with individuals with diverse disabilities and cultures
- Prioritize and meet deadlines
- Problem solve
- Provide guidance and leadership
- Independent Living issues and philosophy;
- Community resources and local service system for persons with disabilities/ (older persons) and how to arrange for services;
- MassHealth, state agencies and provider service system available to serve individuals with disabilities/ (older persons);
- Non-profit program management
- State and Federal regulations relating to relevant programs and services;
- Civil rights for individuals with disabilities.
This job description is subject to change at any time. Individuals with disabilities strongly encouraged to apply.