- Date: January 2017
- Department: CDS
- Prepared by: J. Haycraft
- Reports to: CDS Supervisor
- Approved by: A. Wehmeier
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Basic Function: Responsible for providing customer support and monitoring services for individuals with disabilities participating in the Consumer Directed Services (CDS) personal care attendant program.
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work or a related field –OR-Relevant experience which includes the Independent Living field or Home and Community Based Services. You must have been successful in your current position for at least 6 months to be eligible to apply. Visit Paraquad’s website to submit your cover letter and resume.
Service Delivery Monitoring:
- Make monthly contact with assigned participants by phone or face-to-face.
- Make at least bi-annual face-to-face contact in participant’s living environment.
- Monitor services delivered to the participant to ensure individual needs are being met.
- Monitor services delivered to the participant utilizing telephony and timesheet reports to ensure the highest level of program compliance is maintained; address non-compliance per procedure and as directed.
- Provide support to participants and attendant regarding questions or issues pertaining to program requirements, including but not limited to: timesheets and telephony, payroll, hiring, directing and firing of attendants, use of services.
- Provide initial and ongoing instruction to participants and attendants regarding program requirements including but not limited to: timesheets and telephony, payroll expectations, hiring, directing and firing of attendants, and appropriate use of services.
- Complete face to face intakes of new CDS Participants including all required paperwork, training, new-file set up, and coordination with appropriate internal departments.
- Complete all monthly, bi-annual and annual paperwork by assigned deadlines.
- Document participant case notes in an efficient and professional manner using Paraquad’s database.
- Maintain assigned participant files in accordance with defined deadlines and procedures.
- Gather accurate data for program evaluation and reporting purposes as directed by assigned deadlines.
Independent Living Services:
- Provide assistance to participants to help them achieve and plan for personal goals.
- Establish rapport with participants in order to assist with the management of crisis situations and determination of the need for additional services.
- Protect participant’s rights to privacy and confidentiality in all forms of communication.
- Attend and participate in all required trainings and meetings.
- Assist to fulfill program outreach and education functions as directed.
- Customer Service
- Written/Oral Communication
- Computer Literacy in Microsoft Office Programs and Database Environment
- Travel locally using own vehicle
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field preferred.
- Relevant experience which includes the Independent Living field or Home and Community Based Services.