Employment Classification: Full-time Regular, non-exempt
Work Site: ILCNSCA Office and throughout North Shore and Cape Ann, with meetings at facilities, hospitals, agencies, private homes and community settings, and at times throughout MA for assigned meetings
General Statement of Duties: Provide independent living direct services including Options Program services. Demonstrate professional conduct, and sustain technical proficiency in all work areas. Promote and preserve Independent Living philosophy and consumer control.
- Supervision Received: Deputy Director
- Supervision Exercised: None
General Statement of Duties and Responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor:
As per contracts and Agency plan provide core services as follows:
- Provide Information & Referral services;
- Provide intake and assessment of eligibility;
- Provide peer counseling and independent living skills training services;
- Provide individual and community advocacy services.
- Provide service coordination services
- Provide assertively CS08 and CS09 transition and diversion supports
- Provide Options Program Counseling per MA and ADRCGNS, Inc. and ILCNSCA procedures.
- Maintain accurate Consumer Service Records (CSR) following all ILCNSCA policies, procedures, and standards.
- Develop and periodically review an Independent Living Service Plan with each consumer who has a current CSR.
- Accurate CSR data collection and daily data entry.
- Facilitate peer groups as assigned.
- Assist with access and advocacy issues.
- Meet contract deliverables.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required.
- Perform other tasks, as requested by supervisor or Executive Director.
- Represent agency at meetings as assigned for collaboration and networking, especially with regards to ADRCGNS, Inc. for Agency.
- Provide Outreach services to persons with disabilities who are living in institutions regarding options and resources available for them to live in the community.
- Provide Community Education public presentations to businesses, legislators, and social services agencies and staff.
- Seek supervision and training as needed.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Services, a related field, or equivalent life experience.
- Person with disability and/or with skills necessary to establish effective peer relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must be able to clearly communicate verbally and in writing following protocols with consumers, agency staff, family members, caregivers, and other human services professionals.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office word processing, database, spreadsheet, and email applications.
- Skilled in using web based applications and web search engines.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local agencies serving people with disabilities.
- Knowledge of service delivery systems, especially those that provide critical supports for independent living.
- Commitment and skills to work as part of ILCNSCA team.
- Responsible for own transportation.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish is desired to provide services to customers who speak English and/or Hispanic languages.
- Must be committed to Independent Living Philosophy and the IL paradigm.
Salary: $16.00 per hour to start.
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Benefits: As stated in agency Employee Manual.
Review Policy: Supervisor will complete performance appraisal with employee at the completion of a three-month probation period. Job duties and assignments will be reviewed at this time. Thereafter, performance appraisals will be completed and reviewed annually.
ILCNSCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons with disabilities, women, and persons of color to apply for this position.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May require someone to sit for long periods of time, talk on the phone and enter information into the computer for at least 70% of their day.
Reading and math skills, above average writing and reasoning skills, excellent priority management and compassion for people.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work performed in an office environment.
- Work performed in office which is scent free, and in community settings throughout service area and across state which may or may not be scent free or fully accessible.
Independent Living Center of the North Shore and Cape Ann, Inc. (ILCNSCA) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ILCNSCA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ILCNSCA expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ILCNSCA’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Shawn McDuff, Deputy Director (email@example.com) and Mary Margaret Moore, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or apply online at www.ilcnsca.org/careers.